DEI: Uncovering Biases, Embracing Differences, and Appreciating Commonalities© is a 45-minute online program led by DEI expert Valerie Brown, JD, MA, PCC. This program is designed to increase cultural competency by introducing students to important DEI vocabulary and to the role that Mindfulness and Empathy plays in supporting greater DEI among individuals and society.
- 4 Engaging Instructional Videos led by DEI expert Valerie Brown, JD, MA, PCC. (45-minutes of content)
- 3 Instructive, Experiential Exercises related to program content that provide students with tangible tools to enhance their cultural competency.
- Reflection Assignments that promote critical thinking enabling students to better connect with the material presented.
- 50+ Relevant Supporting Resources including but not limited to: articles, websites, books, videos, and research papers.
- 1 End of Program Assessment to ensure student completion and participation.
Program Content By Video Segment
- Building Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Vocabulary
- Neurobiology of Bias: We All Have Biases
- How Empathy Supports Greater Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Individuals
- The Role of Empathy in Building Greater Diversity Equity, and Inclusion in Society
- Accessible Design (ADA Compliance)
- Administrative View for Learner Analytics
- All-In-One Calendar
- Collaborative Tools and Activities
- Completion Reports and Evaluations
- Convenient File Management
- Detailed Reporting and Logs
- Embedded External Resources
- Group Management
- Modern, Easy To Use Interface
- Multimedia Integration
- Personalized Dashboard
- Responsive Design
- Secure Authentication
- Security and Privacy
- Simple and Intuitive Text Editor
- Track Progress
For institutions interested in facilitating discussions with their students on the topics covered in the DEI: Uncovering Biases, Embracing Differences, and Appreciating Commonalities© program, a comprehensive Instructor Manual can be provided for an additional fee. Our Instructor Manual requires no previous content experience and is designed to guide instructors through activities, prompts, discussion questions, and guidance on encouraging interaction amongst students for maximum retention of program material and fostering a sense of community.