Our Instructor-Led Wellness Curriculum is designed to complement the module content in our programs, but can also be used as stand-alone manuals to facilitate in-class discussions on the topics of Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, and Self-Compassion. Each Instructor Manual is intended for a 50-minute lesson, but can be expanded or condensed by the facilitator based on specific needs.
- Learning Objectives. Identify what students can expect to learn from each lesson.
- Abstract. Provides a general overview of the program module content as well as an introduction to the specific content that will be covered in the Instructor-Led Wellness Curriculum.
- Explanation of Difficult Terms. Helps clarify bottleneck terms and concepts that serve as obstacles to student learning.
- Lecture Frameworks. Includes general commentary on subject matter, main points, and discussion prompts to facilitate meaningful conversation.
- Activities and Demonstrations. Detailed scripts and instructions on how to facilitate reflective activities, small group discussion, and experiential/interactive activities to make the content more applied and engaging.
- Supplementary Resources. Additional academic articles, books, videos, etc. that can be used as out-of-class assignments or to deepen in-class learning.
- Appendices. Handouts, infographics, and other materials when applicable.
- Easy to Use. Step-by-step guidance provided. No prior knowledge of Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, or Self-Compassion is required.
- Flexible Use. Can be condensed or expanded to meet class length and specific needs.
- Comprehensive. Detailed and thorough explanations provided to prepare facilitators to lead meaningful discussions.
- Experiential. Encourages students to use critical thinking skills while learning tangible applications of content to implement in real life.
- Creates Community. Allows peers to connect on the shared social and emotional aspects of the college experience and to discuss proactive ways to thrive in college and beyond.
- Customization. Can be purchased on a per module basis or in packages of 5 or 16.