Life Skills for Thriving is a 16 module comprehensive program rooted in Positive Psychology, Mindfulness, and Self-Compassion designed to be used in conjunction with, or in addition to, an institution’s First Year Experience offerings. This program is available as both an online-only curriculum, or a hybrid online/in-person format. The goal is to give first-year students the tools and resources needed to better manage stress, improve resiliency, and thrive throughout the college years and beyond.
- 105 10-12 minute engaging instructional video segments led by 30+ renowned thought-leaders across the country.
- 25+ Instructive, experiential exercises and practices related to course content that provide students with tangible tools to enhance their first-year college experience.
- 25+ Reflection assignments that promote critical thinking enabling students to better connect with the material presented.
- 16 Short quizzes to ensure student comprehension, including an instructor answer key.
- 20+ Discussion board prompts that can be used on an institution’s Learning Management System to facilitate peer-to-peer interaction and communication, which leads to a greater sense of community.
- A complete, easy-to-follow week-by-week manual to be used by the facilitator during each 50-minute in-person class. This manual includes, but is not limited to: PowerPoint presentations, activities, prompts, discussion questions, and guidance on encouraging interaction amongst students to implement module content for maximum retention of material.
- 450+ Relevant supporting resources including but not limited to: articles, websites, books, and research papers.
- Accessible Design (ADA Compliance)
- Administrative View for Learner Analytics
- All-in-one calendar
- Collaborative tools and activities
- Completion Reports and Evaluations
- Convenient file management
- Detailed reporting and logs
- Embedded external resources
- Group management
- Modern, easy to use interface
- Multimedia Integration
- Personalized Dashboard
- Responsive Design
- Secure authentication
- Security and privacy
- Simple and intuitive text editor
- Track progress
Course Content by Module
- Thriving 101: An Introduction to Succeeding in College
- Beyond Happiness: The Science and Practice of Well-Being
- Cognitive Growth: The How, What, and Why of Creating Positive Change
- Mindfulness: The Power of Moment-to-Moment Awareness
- Stress and Resilience: How to Harness the Power Within
- Optimism and Pessimism: Making the Most of Your Perceptions
- Mental Health: Dealing with the Tough Times
- Positive and Negative Emotions: Using Your Emotions to Your Advantage
- Self-Compassion: The Importance of Being Kind to Yourself
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Uncovering Biases, Embracing Differences, and Appreciating Commonalities
- Relationships: Connecting With Others to Thrive in College and Beyond
- The Student Body: How to Fuel it, Move it, and Restore it for Optimal Performance
- Willpower and Choice: Doing What You Really Want to Do
- Signature Strengths: The Science of You at Your Best
- Goal Setting and Excellence: Realizing Your Potential In and Out of the Classroom
- Passion and Your Unique Voice: Doing What You Love, Discovering Who You Are
If you’d like to know more about the specific topics included in each module, please send an e-mail to email@example.com